Sciatica Treatment in The Woodlands and Houston
The term “Sciatica” can come from a series of different conditions
that all come from a similar cause. Sciatica is a group of symptoms which
include the pain caused by general compression and/or irritation of one
of five spinal nerve roots, or irritation of the left or right or both
What You Notice
You will notice a searing sensation, numbness, or tingling which stems
from the lower back and upper buttock down the rear of the thigh to the
back of the leg. Sciatica can cause you to lose the ability to walk or
make walking extremely painful.
What It Feels Like
• Shooting pain when walking or moving at the waist
• Sharp stabbing pains when legs move into different positions
• Pain lying or while reclining in positions you begin to notice
a pattern of consistent pain
• Numbness in the feet and toes
• Difficulty controlling limbs, losing your balance
• Shooting Pains
What To Do
X-rays, films, and other tests, such as CT scan, MRI scan, and electromyogram
can help determine the root of the problem which is causing your sciatica.
The results that are produced by MRI are extremely detailed and can detect
even the tiniest of issues.