The Woodlands and Houston
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Physical therapy rehabilitation at The Houston Spine & Rehabilitation Centers involves the treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological injuries to improve overall physical function. The team of physical therapy doctors in-house has extensive knowledge and expert experience with helping Houston residents get back to normal functions. Our team has even helped two Olympic athletes fulfill their dream of representing the US in the games as divers.
We’ve Got Your Back
We utilize various interventions to include therapeutic modalities, exercises, and functional activities to promote pain relief, restore motion, and strength. Everyone who comes through our facilities is facing their own battles and has their personal goals. It is our job to create a personalized plan to help you get back to your best self physically while cultivating an encouraging environment. Our therapists will assess your joint motion and stability, muscle strength and flexibility, muscular and cardiovascular endurance, and your ability to perform activities of daily living. Our medical professionals will help you along the road to recovery within your comfort zone. We want you to achieve your rehabilitation goals with the best. Join the best team in Houston for physical therapy and rehabilitation after you have suffered an accident or recently had debilitating surgery.
The Houston Spine & Rehabilitation Centers offers land therapy to those who need higher impact therapeutic activity than you would receive from aqua therapy. It is also a better method to promote healing and better athletic performance. Physical land therapy is a great way to help your body work the way it’s supposed to after returning from an injury. It can also help if you are making overall health and athleticism your goal. For those who can handle moderate resistance and impact, there is no better or broader therapeutic route than land therapy. Land-based programs that we utilize include:
- Strengthening exercises: We employ equipment and machines to help build back your original strength or make it higher. We focus on target injury areas and can assist with overall body strength.
- Dynamic stabilization activities: These exercises focus on trouble areas like your neck and back and brings power to the muscles that help support them.
- Balance and coordination training: Balance and coordination are required for most everyday tasks. Coordination skills include eye-hand coordination, bilateral coordination and smooth, controlled movements of the body.
- Isokinetic and closed kinetic chain exercises: These exercises focus on joint improvement. Push-ups, squats, bicep curls, and leg extensions to help build the muscles around the targeted joint system.
- Progressive resistance activities: Our staff will help you start slow and low and build up your muscles by gradually increasing the weight used for your target area.
- Cardiovascular-aerobic conditioning training: We are going to focus on your stamina with this type of therapy. You will be able to run longer, faster, and smarter.
- Sport specific activities & training: Our staff picks out exercises to help with your jump shot, kicking the field goal, or throwing a pitch.
- Postural education: You may think you know how to sit, squat, or stand appropriately, but after we run you through this education you’ll treat your body better with new techniques.
- Ergonomic training: Basic day-to-day tasks such as lifting, holding, pushing, walking and reaching are focused on with this therapy.
Patients seeking assistance on their joints and muscles can rely on our low stress, aquatic physical therapy sessions at our Woodlands location. We conduct specific exercises in a safe and controlled water environment allowing the buoyancy property of water to assist you in completing them to help regain muscles and movements. By undergoing aquatic therapy with Houston Spine & Rehabilitation Center, you can take part in physical activities again without putting too much strain on your body. Although weightless, the water in our pool can be used to create resistance and can help to increase muscle strength, endurance, and balance. The water level is adjusted appropriately for each patient, so it is not necessary to know how to swim to participate! Here are some of the treatments we offer in our aqua facility at our Woodlands location:
Range of motion exercises: Our team will guide you in stretching exercises which will allow you to regain your range of motion while slowly building the muscle to endure weight.
Strengthening, endurance, and conditioning exercises: Starting to restore muscles in the water is much easier due to the lower impact and slowed movements. We work on strength, cardio, and balance all while in the water.
Gait-training activities: We utilize an underwater treadmill to help you practice stepping over objects, lifting your legs, sitting down, and standing up.
Core strengthening: Building your core will allow you to start working on all other portions of your body. These muscles help you complete all other tasks.
Agility training: Practicing agility underwater will help you become faster on land. You can start slowly in our pool before graduating to land physical therapy.
WHAT WE DO
Each patient who visits our facility requires different exercises for their injury and rehabilitation goals. Our team of professional physical therapists creates a unique and individualized workout plan based on those needs. Our facilities are safe spaces to work on your cardio, balance, and strength confidently. Once you complete your personal care plan, we will then create workouts you can do at home to continue to build back your strength. These will help you stay healthy and can even improve your body pre-accident or surgery and can have you performing better on the court, in the pool, or on the field.
Start Living Pain Free Today